Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Big Ultrasound!!!!




Yesterday I had my ultrasound appointment. We all, and I mean all 5 of us, got ready and left by 9:10. We got called into this tiny room. The Ultrasound tech asked if we wanted to know the sex of the babies and I told her, "Yes that is why we are ALL here." She started with Baby A on the left and was getting measurements of different things. She said, "Here is a tailbone". Cassady said,"He has a tail". Cass couldn't pick out the babies in the ultrasound. Josh was trying to show her things and she asked if we were having a crab, cuz that is what it looks like. The ultrasound tech then said,"Oh look dad got his wish. Baby A is a boy!" Cheers went up from Jordan and Kylee. The tech moved on to Baby B and shortly into looking, but about 1/2 hr into the appointment. I started to feel lightheaded and nauseous, not unusually to me so I didn't say anything. I tried taking some deep breaths and closing my eyes for a sec. That is when I started sweating A LOT! I was dripping! The tech noticed and said you need to roll to your side. She told me there is a Main blood vessel that when I lay on my back is pinched off by my the babies. I was not getting enough blood to my heart. Thank Goodness she noticed before I passed out. I just thought it was this dang morning sickness! She was able to do most of Baby B while I was laying on my side. She told us it was a girl. There was no cheers after that, but "well at least there is one boy", was said a few times. Except for Cassady who said,"I told you I wanted 1 girl and 1 Boy." She has been telling me that from the first day I told the girls I was pregnant, even before we found out about the twins. I am glad the tech saw the boy first or the disappointment would have been worse. I felt bad for my little girl. I am excited! I wanted boys, but it was hard not to look at all the cute little girl dresses and bows. Now I can buy both.


Cassady is going to ask Santa for a bunk bed! When I thought both babies were Boys. I kept thinking that she is the only one who will not need to share a bedroom and the only one who would not need a bunk bed. Now that Bunk bed makes a lot of Sense! We never would have thought to buy one this early on, but one day Cass with share a room with with Baby B! Way to go Cass!!


Now the Shopping and the name debate can begin!
I'll post some pictures later. Right know I can't get my scanner to work.

2 comments:

jillybean said...

Woo-Hoo Congratulations! That is so exciting I am literally sitting in my seat heart racing excited for you guys! I still can't believe you are really having twins.

swartzfamily said...

Congrats Hanks family!
That is awesome.. one of each!!! That will be wonderful..
Love
Suzy