Monday, June 8, 2009

Twins Blessing day

On Sunday the twins turned 2 months old and they were blessed. They were so good for their big day! Neither one of them cried. Which was amazing to me since church started at 1:00 and AJ was suppose to eat at 1:00 and Addie at 1:30.
We planned on going to Willow Park after Sacrament meeting, but we woke up to rain and 50 degree temperatures. It is June!
Right? Thank Goodness our good friends called and asked if we wanted to go to the rec center for the luncheon. I was so thankful! I was having nightmares of a luncheon at my house with the homemade root beer and my new carpet. It was sunny when we left for church and then when it was over it was a huge downpour. We were soaked just by walking to the car and Josh brought it as close to the doors as possible. We were so grateful for the rec center and the kids had a great time playing in the gym. Josh's mom and Rachael (my sister in law) made a whole bunch of yummy homemade rolls with chicken and ham salad. I was so grateful to them for doing that. It was stressful enough without having to worry about food. So many people from Josh's Family came. They filled 3 middle rows in the chapel. He has the greatest family. I was quite disappointed in my family. My mom, dad, grandpa and youngest brother Trevor came. It meant a lot to me that they came.

About a week after Baby Carter passed away I started thinking about adding his name to AJ's. Carter was suppose to be AJ's little buddy. We have 2 nephew's Noah and Hayden who are just the best of friends. They have so much fun together and that is what I pictured AJ and Carter being. Last week I dreamed that we changed AJ's name. I asked Josh what he thought. He wasn't quite sure and said he would think about it. A few days before the blessing he said he thought we should do it. We talked to Sarah (Carter's mom) to make sure she was ok with it. So on Sunday we officially changed AJ's name to Andrew Joshua Carter Hanks. That is a name he will have to live up to and honor. He is now named after his Grandpa, Dad, and precious little cousin. Addie is named after my Grandma, Mary Ellen Beal. Josh kept calling Addie, Addison Mary Ellen Beal Hanks. He really had to think when he said her name in the blessing. He did good and named her, Addison Mary Ellen Hanks.



Who is this guy mom?
Trevor and his look-a-like AJ
My family Kylee, Grandpa Jake (my Grandpa), Grandpa Andy (my Dad), Addison Mary Ellen, Cassady, Andrew Joshua Carter, Grandma Debby (my mom), Trevor (my youngest brother), Me, and Jordan

No comments: