Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Grandpa Jake

My Grandpa had a massive stroke last week. After a few days in the hospital he passed away on Monday. The girls and I and AJ were able to go down and spend some time with him, before he passed. He joined my Grandma who passed away almost 17 years ago (Jordan was 1 month old) from Breast Cancer.
I will cherish these picture now, not knowing they would be the last ones I would have of him with my kids.
Cassady having a conversation with Grandpa JakeThree Generations, Grandpa Jake (my grandpa), Grandpa Andy (My dad) and AJ (my son)
Grandpa Jake braving the twins!
Grandpa Jake and Kylee
Jordan and Grandpa Jake

I didn't do a very good job of explaining to Cass why Grandpa Jake would be better off in Heaven now. When we got home, she asked if she had a stroke would we all want her to die? I wanted to tell her that kids don't die, but she has been through the death of a baby and knows that is not true. I feel like she has lost some of that childhood innocence with these deaths. We had a long talk and she knows that this is what Grandpa Jake wanted and that is so happy being with his wife and we will see him again, but hopefully not to soon. We talked about how Grandma Ostler has been up in Heaven and was with Her and Kylee and AJ and Addie, before they were born. She decided that Grandma has been up there helping to take care of Baby Carter and now she has Grandpa Jake to help. She is so sweet, most of the time.
Grandpa Jake passed away on Martin Luther king day, My cousin Billy's birthday, and his funeral will be on Cassady's 7th birthday. I think it will be a time of year we will always remember.
We Love you Grandpa Jake!

1 comment:

grandma rosie said...

The pictures are priceless, you're so lucky you got them.