Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Twins-boy and girl

I went to the doctor again today and things are looking great. I get to see the babies at every appointment. I will have an ultrasound every time. They want to make sure they are hearing each babies heartbeat not one babies twice. The only way to do that is through ultrasound. I didn't get pictures this time, but I could actually see the shape of a baby, not just a little blob. He easily found 2 strong heartbeats. I have heard so many horror stories I was relieved.
We will find out in 8 weeks, two more appointments, what the sex of the babies are! We may also find out if they are fraternal or identical. It is not that easy to tell, apparently. Identical twins share a placenta. Sometimes it is hard to tell if they are sharing it or if they are just right next to each other. Dr Fowers said they really look fraternal. It looks like the placenta for each is on opposite sides. Which is better for the babies. We may never know unless we have a DNA test done after they are born. There is a 75% chance they are fraternal. With fraternal twins the chance of them being a boy and a girl is higher which of coarse means fraternal. We will see what happens in 8 weeks.
I am still sick. Some days are better than others. I gained 1 whole pound! I have never gained weight this early in a pregnancy, I usually just lose it. It may not be much, but it is something. I look like I have gained a lot. I look like I am 4-5 months along. I am already wearing maternity clothes, thanks to Sarah. She loaned me a bunch. I am a bit scared at how big I am going to get.
My girls are out of school for the next few days for UEA and Josh went to Tahoe. My Mom and Dad are taking the girls to St. George for the weekend with them. It will be fun for them and a huge break for me. Thank goodness for wonderful mom's and dad's!

2 comments:

Kelsy and Brad said...

I'm happy to hear you're gaining weight! I'm so so excited for you! I wish I was still there to be a part of all the exciting logan happenings!

Anonymous said...

That will be a nice break for you this weekend. I'm glad that things are going well as far as the babies health. That'll be exciting to find out their sex. That way it makes things so much easier to plan for!

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help.