Sunday, March 22, 2009

April 7th!!!!!


35 Weeks and 1 day

I went to the Dr. on Friday. Jodi and I had appointments on the same day, just a half hour apart. We went together and went to breakfast afterward. Jodi had her appointment first, I went in with her and got to hear her babies heartbeat. She asked her questions and then Dr Fowers said, are we seeing you today, Stephanie. He went and grabbed my chart and I started with the weight and urine sample. I was hoping not to go over a certain number with my weight, but I did this time, by two pounds! Then Jodi came back with me and got to see the ultrasound of the twins. I had gone in with the idea that I was going to have him plan a date to be induced. I didn't even have to ask for a date. He gave me a paper with the date of induction and what to do that day. That date is April 7th!!!!! It is a little later than I wanted, but it is really nice to have, a for sure date when this will end or start, depending on how you look at it. Our little boy is still head down and ready to go, but out little girl is still kinda sideways. He said it was still good enough to deliver normally. He said I will go in that morning and they will start me on pitocin. The closer I get to delivery, they will move me to an OR to deliver. They like to be in there to have everything they need in case of an emergency. They also like it better for twins, because it is bigger. He says there will be about ten people in the room, the Dr, the anesthesiologist, 2 nurses for each baby, a nurse for me, 2 Dr for the babies. I know that doesn't add up to 10, but that is all I can remember. It will all be different experience. Jordan is still planning on coming with us for the delivery. It will hopefully be a good experience for her.
I am dilated to a 1 and 70% effaced. So not much really. Dr Fowers said I would go to April 7th. I have my next appointment on Thursday and Jodi made the appointment for her ultrasound. Her U/S is on April 7th. We are both now looking forward to that day. I told her to come over to the hospital and tell me what she is having.
Jodi and I went to breakfast at Angie's afterwards and had a great time. It made another Dr. appointment a whole lot more fun!

No comments: