Tuesday, March 31, 2009

NST

I went in for NST today. What is a NST? It stands for non-stress test. They check you in to the hospital, bracelet, gown, L&D room, and all. They put a monitor on each baby and measure their heart rates for 15 minutes. Here is the catch. Both babies had to hold still for that long. When I got there they found her heart rate right away, but it took them a half hour to find his. Then they lost it after he moved. They brought in an ultrasound machine and was able to get them both for awhile. Then she moved. You get the idea. Finally, the nurse left the room and said she was going to get some one else to try. She said here you play with it and see if you can find it. So I did and found both heartbeats and was able to keep them long enough! She told me I was hired. It was hard, because once they found the heart beats I didn't want to move, but I would either be too far on my back and start to get to the passing out stage, or my back or ribs or legs or what ever would ache so bad, I had to move.
They sent me home saying everything was fine. At that point it just seemed like a huge waste of time (3 and 1/2 hours) and money (It goes towards our deductible). Glad I don't have to go back for another one. Just my appointment on Friday and Baby day next Tuesday. Look at that countdown!!!!! So close. Hope it goes by fast!!!

No comments: