Thursday, May 7, 2009

Happy 1 Month to the Twins!!!!

May 7th, 2009
One month old
The twins are one month old today! It has gone by so fast, it is just a big blur. They are growing and getting big. They are awake a little more and will look at you when you talk to them. They make the cutest faces and we all love it when you get a little smile.
Addison has reflux. We all feel sorry for her when she screams and we can see that it just hurts her. Or when she spits up and it comes out of her nose. She is on Zantac and we are hoping that it will work better soon. She is fitting into her newborn jammies. We think her hair grew. It is fuzzy on top now. She is enjoying her baths and her showers with dad. She sleeps well in her bouncer or the swing. They both help her stay more upright, which helps with the reflux.
AJ is mostly a happy, mellow little guy. He likes to lay on the kitchen table and look out the window. He really likes to be talked to. He gets really mad when he gets hungry and you are not fast enough getting his bottle. He will nurse, unlike Addie who will not, but he takes over an hour at each feeding. So I nurse him at night or when there is someone else here. We laugh at him when he sucks on a binkie, because he doesn't suck he chews on it and grunts and groans. He is a big grunter. He doesn't burp well, but man can he toot. We tell him he farts like an old man. He has some issues with baby zits, a nasty diaper rash, and has thrown up the soy formula we have tried. I am afraid he has allergies. I have taken myself off of milk and dairy products and soy to try and help him.
They are so cute!!!! We love them so much!!! I love to just put them on my chest and snuggle them. I could hold them like that all day.
My mom has come up and helped for at least 2 days every week. She has been such a huge help I don't know how I would have done it without her. I get a nap everyday she is here. We have also had someone from my ward come and help out everyday my mom is not here for 2 hours. We have had so many dinners brought in. We live in the best ward and have the greatest friends!!!!!
Everyone keeps telling me that he looks like Cass and I just didn't see it until I saw this picture, but he still looks a lot like My dad and Trevor.
Napping on the couch.

Getting good at two!
Her coming home from the hospital outfit finally fits.

No comments: